How You Can Help
Please consider donating to the Foundation! Research tells us that early learning programs benefit children from all socioeconomic backgrounds in terms of academic success during primary grades and long term measures of success such as high school graduation.
Preschool Tuition Subsidy Policy
In accordance with its vision and mission, the Saskatoon Preschool Foundation will allocate funds within its annual budget to provide subsidies for a portion of the preschool tuition for children enrolled or wishing to enroll in an eligible preschool program, where the payment of tuition presents a financial hardship.
An eligible child is one who is:
- Preschool aged
- Enrolled or wishing to enroll in an incorporated preschool operating in a public facility such as a school or church.
- The child must reside within the boundaries of the Saskatoon Public School Division, Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools or the Prairie Spirit School Division to be eligible for subsidy.
- A subsidy for an eligible child will be provided for one academic year (September through June), or a portion of an academic year.
- Once approved, the subsidy will be paid directly to the preschool in which the child in enrolled.
- The maximum subsidy is $1000 per child per academic year for a two day/week program, and $1400 per child per academic year for a three day or more/week program.
- Subsidies will be granted from the date the application is received by the Foundation.
- Application to the Saskatoon Preschool Foundation will be made by the parent or legal guardian of the child enrolled or wishing to enroll in an eligible preschool.
- Tuition subsidy approvals for the upcoming school year will be determined and communicated to parents/legal guardians and preschools in September.